Predicted Highlights from the 2018 International MUSE Conference
At the 2018 International MUSE Conference, you’ll find education focused on today’s most pressing MEDITECH topics, the newest products and services in the exhibit hall and unparalleled networking opportunities around every turn. It is the premier source for networking, education, and professional development for current and future MEDITECH users. The education sessions are presented by your peers who have first-hand experience in interacting with MEDITECH, giving you new strategies, connections, and innovative ideas to take action on immediately after leaving the conference.
Now that you’re registered for MUSE, have your hotel room and flight booked, it’s a great time to start thinking about creating a customized schedule for the conference. Take a peek at the schedule online to see what sessions you can choose from. To help, we’ve predicted the highlights from this year’s conference:
- What: Welcome Reception
- Who: All MUSE attendees!
- When: Wednesday, May 30th from 4:30pm – 6pm
- Where: Exhibit Hall E – F
- Why: This is a great opportunity to meet and network with your peers! You’ll also have a chance to browse the exhibit hall and chat with vendors. Don’t forget to stop by Jacobus booth #810 to get your MUSEO sticker and enter for a chance to win a $200 Nordstrom gift card!
- What: Education Session: Revenue Cycle Optimization – Improving Customer Experience in and Out of the Business Office
- Who: Healthcare professionals interested in revenue cycle
- When: Tuesday, May 29th, All day
- Where: Osceola 1
- Why: This session will define the term “Patient Customer Experience”, provide a guide to optimizing the revenue cycle, describe the business impact of achieving the gold standard of Customer Experience in healthcare, and define the role that all departments play in creating lifetime patient customers who choose a facility as their preferred provider.
- What: Education Session: Our Journey to Incorporate the “One Query Theory” into our 6.1 Implementation Across the Enterprise – St. Claire Regional Medical Center
- Who: Healthcare facilities moving towards 6.1, considering a move to 6.1, or already LIVE with 6.1
- When: Wednesday, May 30th at 2:30pm
- Where: Osceola 2
- Why: Lee Ann O’Bryan, Administrative Director of Informatics and Imaging at St. Claire will take you through their journey to demystify the application of one query theory in 6.1 Web Ambulatory. She will share lessons learned and provide a more effective approach to one query theory builds for a 6.0 to 6.1 upgrade.
- What: Education Session: Achieving EMR Ownership Utilizing a Physician Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Who: Healthcare facilities interested in learning more about the benefits of a PAC
- When: Thursday, May 31st at 9am
- Where: Sarasota 2
- Why: This presentation will discuss the strategies used to implement an active provider advisory committee (PAC), the barriers faced and mitigated, as well as the exceptional wins the featured PAC generated for their medical staff and the quality department.
- What: MEDITECH 6.X/Expanse Summit
- Who: Healthcare facilities considering a move to MEDITECH’s Expanse or 6.1 platforms, or already LIVE on the platform.
- When: Thursday, May 31st at 10am
- Where: Osceola 4
- Why: Whether you are recently converted or plan to convert, this Summit is for you! This insightful and interactive Summit features two panel discussions, one for 6.1 and another for Expanse. Join the Summit to learn from experts from facilities with firsthand experience.
- What: Education Credits
- Who: MUSE attendees in need of CNE’s/CEU’s
- When: Varied
- Where: Varied
- Why: Take advantage of the opportunity to get education credits! There are several great education sessions packed with nursing CNE’s and many different opportunities to earn Pharmacy CEU’s. With the variety of sessions, you’re sure to find something that fits your interests. Check out the conference education tab on the MUSE website for more information.
The 2018 International MUSE Conference is a perfect venue to get educated on today’s most pressing MEDITECH topics, see the newest products and services in the exhibit hall, and take part in unparalleled networking opportunities. Each session is filled with experts and peers in your field eager to speak with you and share stories. Walk away with strategies, new connections, and innovative ideas to move your organization forward. Each year, the International MUSE Conference improves on its overall content, and 2018 is no exception! We are looking forward to seeing you there! For more information about MUSE, or to connect with Jacobus at the conference, please see our event page.