Jacobus is currently seeking qualified Senior Programmer Analysts to work with Hospitals across the country on the development of customized reporting solutions. No relocation is necessary; however, must be willing to travel to client sites possibly as often as every week.
About Jacobus Consulting
Jacobus Consulting is a leading healthcare firm. We partner with providers to improve healthcare outcomes and streamline operations through improved clinical systems, revenue cycle performance optimization, and healthcare information systems. In the face of changing healthcare industry technology, regulatory demands, and financial landscape, we provide a complete set of solutions. Achieving what matters most—that’s what drives us. Come join us.
About This Position
Works with multiple clients to develop both ad hoc reports and system-wide reporting/data management programs and strategies. This position will require flexibility and willingness to work on a wide range of projects from both on-site and remote locations. The focus of this position will be on (but is not limited to) the development of reports to support clinical practice and management, creation of reports and databases for data extraction (generally from legacy systems), and the development of comprehensive reporting programs including dashboard development, data analytics/architecture and data management strategies for client sites with the intention to assist the client by providing data (clinical and business related) in order to make sound operational and strategic decisions. Responsible for evaluating information system infrastructure, may also analyze needs and develop reporting and software requirements for data management services. Systems knowledge includes but not limited to:
- MEDITECH – 6.0 Report Designer, NOP Programmer, Magic and C/S Platforms
- Epic – Cogito Suite/Clarity
- Cerner, Advance Reporting
- McKesson – Enterprise Intelligence, etc.
- GE Centricity
- SQL Database and Server Reporting Services
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science, statistics, measurement, and evaluation). Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 or more years experience in data analysis and reporting utilizing various vendors
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to express technical issues clearly
- Possesses good organizational and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of data standards/normalization
- A comfort, or even preference, for an environment of discovery and uncertainty
- Some travel will be required
- Typical work week hours can vary depending on workload and project deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Goal and quality driven
- Willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Strong knowledge of database structure across multiple vendor platforms
- Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence design and development
- 2+ years of SQL development
- Knowledge of Business Process Modeling/Design
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with SQL in a Microsoft SQL Server Database environment.Experience designing and developing reporting packages and procedures
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Utilizes consultative and facilitative skills in working with individuals and groups
- Data analysis, including:
- Creates, updates and analyzes standard reporting templates and works with internal departments for automation. Distills complex data from multiple sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses.
- Extracting data from source systems, using various manipulation techniques
The right person for this position will demonstrate both an ability and willingness to ensure superior client deliverables while demonstrating the creative thinking and independent drive to build something new and important in a complex consulting environment. Candidates should be independent, but also interested in working in a team environment.
Upload your cover letter and resume using the button at the top of the page.