Jacobus consultants bring a deep understanding of leading healthcare IT systems data models and data elements, interfaces, and the critical workflow processes involved in creating and consuming the data. We are experienced with leading interface engines and tools, including leading Healthcare Information Exchanges (HIE’s) platforms. For organizations migrating to new systems, we are adept at extracting legacy data and reformatting for import to new HCIS systems or loading open SQL databases for archiving purposes.
Because healthcare utilizes a myriad of mission-critical and best-of-breed systems, reliable interfaces and message routing are critical. The changing nature of IT systems makes the effort to design, build, test, and maintain reliable interfaces ongoing and complex.
We offer the following Interface Development and Data Migration services:
- Education of IT personnel in the underlying EHR and ancillary applications data elements and mapping
- Interface design, configuration, troubleshooting, and activation (using HL7, XML, XSL and API’s)
- HIE strategy, planning, and activation support
- Data extraction, transformation and load (ETL) planning and execution
- Data migration from legacy to new systems or data archive products