A patient-centric revenue cycle is built on a variety of pillars. When there’s a crack in any of these pillars, the foundation begins to crumble – or worse yet, falls down.
When this happens, patient financial services (PFS) is often left to sort the rubble. And, this typically involves hours upon hours spent reworking accounts and then attempting to get claims submitted for payment.
The problem with this all-too-common turn of events? The passionate experts in PFS spend many hours simply cleaning up messes – which could have been prevented in the first place. As such, not much time or energy is spent where it needs to be – which is battling the payers for every penny owed to the organization.
The time for change is now. Healthcare organizations cannot afford to chase problems after they occur – they need to proactively prevent them. Changing from a reactionary revenue cycle to a proactive one involves a variety of components such as:
- Automating billing
- Migrating accountability of claim requirements to the front and mid-cycles
- Automating collections
- Focusing on denials and underpayment management
- Emphasizing customer service and consumerism
With a proactive approach, you will have the time to focus attention where it counts – on a metric-managed revenue cycle.
Jacobus Consulting is here to support your cultural and technological shift to a proactive patient-centric revenue cycle through our patient financial services consulting. With our pillars methodology, our KLAS® rated high performance in critical metrics, and our underlying methodologies within PFS, we can support the following:
- Business office assessments and gap analysis:
- Underpayment and accounts receivable cash acceleration roadmap
- Denials management and reimbursement management
- Cash management
- Clearinghouse and other vendor improvements
- Vendor management
- Customer service
- Process-based training & education
- Interim PFS leadership and staff augmentation
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 949.727.0720.